Saturday, August 7, 2010

Broccoli Salad

  Back to school means back to packing lunches for me.  So while digging through my tried and true files, I was reminded of one of my favorite, easy sides - Broccoli Salad.  One of the things I really like about this recipe is the yield - 2 servings.  No getting tired of it before it's gone!

Broccoli Salad
Servings: 2

Ingredients
2 cups broccoli florets
2 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
1/3 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese


  Start off by making the dressing.  In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, and the vinegar.  Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is creamy smooth.

  Fold in the broccoli, bacon crumbles, cranberries, sunflower kernels, and shredded cheese.  Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment