Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cook until Tender

I followed that recipe to a T - I am thoroughly cooked and tender to the touch. My arms, my neck, my head - I'm red as a dead-ripe tomato in summer. My calves are tight and screaming at me today. But it was worth it. Yesterday, DH and I spent the day over in Asheville, NC at Biltmore Estate. The house, if you can use such a mundane name for it, was breath-taking as always - but the gardens...I haven't explored the gardens like this before. Explosions of color everywhere! I do hope, gentle reader, that my pictures come out so I can share, because I don't think I could choose the proper adjectives to describe the beauty of everything.

Of course, you don't think I came back without any goodies of the culinary-bent do you? I bought a cookbook and a bottle of black cherry flavoring mix to experiment with. I hope to have more to share with you soon about those items.

But the fun's not over yet. Nosiree, tonight is the Taste of Home Cooking School! I'm getting prepped and ready by watching Good Eats dvds - well, it's not really prep, but it's as good of an excuse to watch AB as one needs. Guess I better get to installing software so I can pull those pictures off my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment