Saturday, June 26, 2010

Garlic Press Blues

I must be coming down with something.  I went into Cook's Corner and walked out empty handed earlier this week.  Oh, believe me, I saw all kinds of things I liked, but I somehow left the store without buying any of them. But I think there was this nagging voice of "where are you going to stash that" in the back of my head.  It's okay, I made up for it by ordering a Garlic Twist off Amazon.  Actually that's why I went into Cook's Corner in the first place, and they had pretty much everything else under the sun.  I just hope that bugger works when it arrives.  I had never heard of such a critter until a couple of months ago when they were in an issue of Food Network magazine.  They liked it, the reviews on Amazon are pretty positive, so it got in my head I must possess one.  That, and I'm seriously tired of picking skins out of my traditional garlic press.  I'm a klutz with terrible knife skills, so don't start that with me; it ain't pretty.

Yeah, I've been slow on posting still.  Been a busy week.  On the positive, I managed to hit up the one day sale on the Good Cook book club last Friday, and my order got here Thursday.  I went celebrity chef crazy and picked up Emeril's 20-40-60 and Spike Mendelsohn's The Good Stuff Cookbook, and to tip my total over the benchmark for cheap shipping I got Laura McCabe's Embellished Beadweaving.  It's not food related, but I wanted it for my other hobby of beading.  (That's the thing I love about that book club - no monthly shipments, and plenty of books I like - cooking and a decent crafting section.)

Well, my friends, my dearest is firing up the grill, reckon that means its about dinner time.  I'll check in with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment